The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is the Commission's science and knowledge service. The JRC employs scientists to carry out research in order to provide independent scientific advice and support to EU policy. (Joint Research Centre | European Commission (europa.eu))
- create, manage and make sense of knowledge to support European policies with independent evidence
- develop innovative tools and make them available to policy makers
- anticipate emerging issues that need to be addressed at EU level and understand policy environments
- share know-how with EU countries, the scientific community and international partners
- contributes to the overall objective of Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe that follows.
- conduct Euratom-funded research on nuclear safety and security to contribute to the transition to a carbon-free economy
A formal agreement is reached with the JRC hierarchy and the PANTERA project consortium for EIRIE to be hosted on the servers of JRC within EUROPA official website of the Commission. Moreover, JRC has taken the formal approval for including EIRIE on their Smart Services portal area and use it as the official hosting area of all services / tools / activities on R&I projects in the field of smart grids, storage and local energy systems.
This decision of JRC is giving to the EIRIE platform the support required to make it the single point of reference for research activities in the field of smart grids, storage and local energy systems and this will prove to be key in continuing the contribution of EIRIE to the R&I community in Europe with specific emphasis on the low activity countries for boosting their contribution to the highest degree possible.