Enlargement and Integration Workshop 2013, Antalya, Turkey
Smart grids and power highways for the enlarged Europe: assessing the challenges
Objectives, policy relevance and content of workshop
Ensuring a higher level of energy security and sustainability is high on the agenda of all countries. The challenges ahead are to identify and implement the solutions that best respond to these needs. The workshop will focus on how these developments can provide examples and opportunities for E&I countries to build smart grids and power highways through sound regional and international investments. Objective of the workshop is also to share experiences on renewable power integration into the electricity grids of Enlargement and Integration Countries.
The emphasis will be on practical guidance and exchange of information, a lessons learned approach that will provide instructive examples of assessments of smart power grids, both inside and outside the EU, with particular focus on the Mediterranean basin.
Date and duration
Deadline for application
Target deadline for results of selection
|18 – 20 September 2013 (3 days)||Antalya, Turkey||1 June 2013||15 June 2013|
- National energy policy makers,
- National experts on energy, renewable energy, smart grid,
- People from electrical vehicles, energy power systems and its applications,
- Representatives of smart grid products, systems, and services.
- Government institutions (Universities, research centres, colleges, municipalities, etc)
- University professors, students, staff, specialists.
Country of origin of participants
- New EU Member States
- EU Acceding Country
- EU Candidate Countries
- EU Potential Candidate Countries
- Framework Programme Associated Countries
- ad hoc basis European Neighbourhood Policy Countries
Reimbursement of expenses or small grants may be available.
The Commission reserves the right to decide on a case-bycase basis the granting of such reimbursement of expenses or small grants, depending always on the available budget.
Participants may be entitled to reimbursement of their expenses in case they are directly (explicitly) invited by the organiser in order to contribute to the workshop's objectives.
To apply please send your CV to:
JRC-Enlargement@ec.europa.eu, subject: 2013-IET-A-08